The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i a problem i went out and brought aenergey saving 240v light it says it has 14 leds but then is saus inbuilt 215 lumen LED is this 14times 3watt leds at 215 lumen or does it mean the whole light is onyl 3watt and 215 lumens? is on packet said it is a cabnet light for ligiting cubbords or cabnet and stuff the leds are at a temprature of 6500k i am needing it for my low tech 5 gallon tank and hoping it will suffice for my needs in planting hopefuly i can find out my hoping becasue no refund from our shops :(
i have this pictuer of the box guys please help me i am stressin much crap think cost me 40 dolalars :confused1:

thanks mates

Attachments

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
means 215 lumens total, which is well crap, so sorry
this is liek loosing a 50dollar note my ggod :icon_cry: is it possible that it may be 215 luman each led? Its hard to belive that the single leds are 0.214wat each? they really need to specifie the led type and led wattage on the pacckage sounds like a way for them to make money of dumies like me :icon_redf

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should be able to tell instantly if its 250 lumen per lcd or the whole thing is 250 lumen. Just by plugging it in. If it barely lights a room then it's 250 lumen total. And if it blinds you then it's 250 lumen per led.

Sorry but I think that is 250 total. I can't see a cabinet light being much more lumen than 250. It's meant to light up a small dark place. And we are trying to grow plant's.

And (250 x 14 = 3500) 3500 lumen doesn't seem possible out of that light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have one of the crappy old hoods that sometimes come with 5 gallon tanks, called a incandescent hood.

Well for us low tech ppl they aren't so crappy any more thanks to spiral cfl bulbs. Get a 10 - 15 watt, daylight color / full spectrum, spiral compact florescent bulb. they are like 3 bucks per bulb.

Go home screw it in and your good for alot of low light plants.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for thy reply guys well that sucks ig uess i can make them light for a stairs ouetside since it dark and night i hav made a hod from white aqrilic but i am not noing how to get it fixed to it its just the 20watt 6500k led spiral one but brought this in thinking i would be right to erepolace it how could i make a diy fixtur to hold the spiral cfl to the fitting that it screw into iti is meant for hangin i have zip ties to make it onto the hood how can i make this thing it drives me mad guys :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts