The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first attempt at any DIY aquarium equipment. My own personal criticism is that it is a bit long, but I wanted to give it plenty of room in the chamber. My thinking is to have the CO2 hose barb on the bottom, to allow the gas to travel up and mix in the chamber. I am using pressurized (not DIY) CO2. I have seen a few threads on the topic, but I am really struggling to decide whether to put this on the intake or out. My thinking is that I will get a more thorough mix the further it has to travel through the filter, but I am concerned that gas could get built up in the canister if it is on the intake, or that it could affect my canister's bacteria.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
My first attempt at any DIY aquarium equipment. My own personal criticism is that it is a bit long, but I wanted to give it plenty of room in the chamber. My thinking is to have the CO2 hose barb on the bottom, to allow the gas to travel up and mix in the chamber. I am using pressurized (not DIY) CO2. I have seen a few threads on the topic, but I am really struggling to decide whether to put this on the intake or out. My thinking is that I will get a more thorough mix the further it has to travel through the filter, but I am concerned that gas could get built up in the canister if it is on the intake, or that it could affect my canister's bacteria.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
put it on the outake, otherwise you're going to get crap building up in there and causing all kinds of issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts