The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a bigger tank (my largest is a 20L currently), but my arms aren't long enough to reach the bottom! Seriously, to get to the bottom of a 50g my arms are in past my shoulder. And if I need to use 2 hands to plant something or trim, then I can only imagine the serious soaking I'd get.

So what do the rest of the vertically challenged here do? There must be a way!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Find a small stepladder, or just about anything you can safely stand on.
I have a very sturdy chair I use to do maintenance now. It's really more arm length than height that's the problem. Height's adjustable easily enough.

go go gadget arms !.......wouldn't that be great ?
LOL! And now I can't get that theme song out of my head. :)

Use long tweezers/scissors. Alternatively (or maybe in conjunction with that), when you need to plant or trim, just siphon out enough water to avoid getting soaked.
Brilliant! <smacking head> I totally didn't think about dropping the water level. Thank you! The tweezers and scissors are going to be a must even with a lowered water level, though. I tried reaching into an empty tank in the store and I had both shoulders below the rim before I touched bottom with fingertips.

Anyone have a recommendation on where to get long tweezers and scissors? Preferably inexpensively?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts