The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my AquaClear 20 making allot of noise and after close inspection, it appeared to be running dry for awhile. I don't think it was too long, since I was able to prime with water and it started up fine again. The strange thing is, we had no power outages of any sort and the water level in the tank was very high, so the water going up the intake would not have any problems. It's a BB tank use for QT so there's no way any sand, gravel, etc. that could have clogged the impeller.

Any of you guys experienced this with your AC's? I've owned Emperor 280 and 400's and never had this happen to them in my 7+ years of owning them. I only had my AC for about 5 months.

·
Banned
582 Posts
I've only had that happen to one of my AquaClear 20s, and it kept doing it, no matter how much I kept the impeller cleaned, and it finally died--while I was on vacation for over a week.

·
Registered
695 Posts
that happened once so i just primed it and it started back up i had mines since april though. then it happened again but that was due to a loose extension cord.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at it a few hours later and besides that little slimy inside the filter, it looks fine. So far, it's been running so far since that last incident, but it has me worried now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts