The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of my female Apisto started to get aggressive and kind of defending one spot of my tank. That could mean only one-EGGS! I was right, mama is defending it's brood. I can transfer babies to a spare tank because I have baby rainbowfish there already, so they have to stay in the display tank. I hope they'll survive, their mother is a good parent and keep all the fish (including 5x bigger discus) at distance. I feed them microworms. If they'll make it, I will be releasing them for public:)

Here's pics

·
Registered
333 Posts
So I have a question... I just set up a 75 gallon tank, and am waiting for it to cycle. Once it's done cycling, I was kinda thinking about trying to breed some apistos. But... what do folks do with the bred apistos? Do they ship well/easily? My nearest fish store is 45 minutes away, and they're willing to adopt, but not buy/credit trade for fish. I've never seen anyone RAOK these guys away, so I assume they're selling them to SOMEONE. What are you planning on doing with your little apistos?

Oh, and CONGRATS!!! This looks like such a fun thing to do!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was planning to raise them and give them away locally to my friends. I have no experience in shipping fish, but the breeder I bought it from shipped them to me without any problems, even that USPS messed up and the fish showed up with 3 days delay. You know, here in NYC it's a different situation, you would sell those apistos quickly because they rarely show up in stores while many people want them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.