The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I started this tank yesterday after waiting weeks to be able to get started as I was low on money. I got the ideal after finding this 6.6 gallon tank for free, and after anubias became one of my favorite plants. I decided to use black sand because I figured it would be easier to plant roots in and I liked the color. I'm using a Ehiem 2232($60), and a dimmable LED light($30) which doesn't seem to be very bright to me. I do like the dark color the light gives the water when all other lights are off in the room. I believe that this is 2x Anubias nana, and 1x petite but I couldn't the Japanese writing so I really don't know for sure. I'm planing to add more anubias when able. I want to add some fish and shrimp later to give it some more color and life.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thee tank looks promising.. i wonder why i didn't go the anubia route.. planning to add any shrimps? wondering what fish you have there.. go job..

---
I do want to add some shrimps. maybe some guppies or something else small.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to find something a bit brighter maybe with dimmable lights is possible.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if its the glass or the dust from the sand that's giving it that color.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I apologize, don't mean to act like a know it all or anything. It looks amazing I would personally be concerned. Or it could just be the camera. But I wanted to say again great looking tank.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I apologize, don't mean to act like a know it all or anything. It looks amazing I would personally be concerned. Or it could just be the camera. But I wanted to say again great looking tank.
Don't worry i didn't take offense to anything you said. I'm still looking around for a bit brighter light to buy. I'm worried that it's not bright enough for the plants to grow but I'll see how they respond. I could be the camera, I was playing around with the ISO and white balance settings to try and get as close as possible to the real thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been looking around for inspiration for an anubia tank - it's the only plant that I can't kill :) I love what you've done with yours, and I now have an idea of what to do with my huge Anubia barteri. Can't wait to see what else you do with this! Keep us posted! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.