The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these anubias that have the color and leaf shape of "nana",but they're HUGE (over 12" tall huge). I've had baby plants from this huge mother plant for a year now, and they've done amazingly well.

Recently (about 10 days ago), I set up a new tank and started dosing ferts and excel. Lighting is 1.2wpg T5. And now...the anubias turned lighter, and the leaves got all "lacy" and disappeared. They didn't "melt". The veins are there, but the leaf parts in between died off. That's the best way I can describe it. They look like lace. Why did this happen? In fact, it happened SO quickly. Two days ago, they looked fine, and now, they're gone!

I hope you can help me! I moved the anubias to their old tank for the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they'll grow back, but I still need to know what "killed" them. I'd like to keep them in the new tank. I've been dosing ferts at a half dose of EI, because I don't have CO2 and it's low light. The old tank had no ferts, no CO2, and no excel. Does anyone have an idea why the anubias died? Could it be the excel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.