The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nice stand! Gotta love good old 2 by 4 huh? I like how you didn't make the stain even in colour.
Use the pond soil! Unless there's not enough, then of course, go hunting for soil lol. Hunting, for soil. Lol again.

PS just purchased the book. Gotta love Kindle, instant gratification. Now I have to stop forum lurking and get to reading it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I used it in two vases, just planted two days ago, so no post yet. It's coming. I'm planning on using it again in a bowl/vase. Hey, I bought a bag, gotta use it, yeah? Otherwise money potentially wasted. I really like the texture of it. Gritty, not too many sticks, no perlite. Just good earthy damp smell.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I would not be brave enough to go "capless" especially on a big project. So I'm not surprised by your decision to cap with sand.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Do you have a strawberry plant beside the Tradescantia in the last picture?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Weed, huh?
I planted 12 strawberries (freebies from a friend) into a home-made tower this summer. Didn't produce much because it was too late when I planted it. Then I put the tower right on to my raised bed. Wouldn't you know it, it's weedy now all right. I have to decide how much I need to keep for a decent harvest next June. Probably fifty plus plants from the original dozen. Heh, not really complaining here. Sometimes I just gotta go with the flow :grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts