The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second aquascape in the tank and i hope you like what you will see over the next couple months.. the tank is a 8gallon ada 30-C. i have ada white c02 system with ruby check and ada bubble counter. the filter is a zoo med 501.
Plants: Glossostigma elatinoides,Hemianthus callitrichoides,Blyxa japonica and Eleocharis sp. montevidensis.
Livestock:Crs ss+ and fish have not made up my mind yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blyxa will die emersed. Looking good by the way. A zoomed 501 is too weak for 8 gallons, so I would consider upgrading. Consider an Eheim 2213. Good luck.
i have used this 501 before and had no problems. if you know what your doing and do water chages you can use any filtration on a tank. if you know how to up keep a tank. thanks for the luck.... and bylxa emersed...? i just started the c02 3 days ago so i will show you it wil not die. thaks for your input

·
Honeycomb Master
6,767 Posts
I think CPDzeke was under the impression that you were starting with the DSM because there is no water in the tank. He is correct about it not being able to be grown emersed. I assume it is filled now since you mentioned that you have CO2 up and running?

Nice scape.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think CPDzeke was under the impression that you were starting with the DSM because there is no water in the tank. He is correct about it not being able to be grown emersed. I assume it is filled now since you mentioned that you have CO2 up and running?

Nice scape.
i did DSM on glosso and dwarf baby tears. then when i got the bylxa i filled tank and started co2. it has a lil, but mostly the glosso and baby tears have taken off. i will post some pics in a day or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
more pics FTS/ top down

im just waiting for some giant hair grass for back ground to cover heater/cO2. low maintance tank... my last aquascape had baby tears covering the forground and it was to much to groom every 7 1/2 days! so i came up with this. hope you enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So since my plants are growing in and my parameters are leveled out im thinking fish! maybe...
Nannostomus pencils
Epiplatys annulatus (clown killi)
and my crs SS+ that are being baby sat right now.
What do you think and what other small fish that wont mess with the shrimp "if" they start breeding...?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.