The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. this is my tank
10 months old but im starting to get the idea and it keeps getting better..
Enjoy

I have added some christmass moss today. do you think it will look like the moss in this amazing tank by cliff hui? (this one is my inspiration)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Amazing pt, are you planning to add it on the rocks so that they cascade down like the other tank? If so it will work out okay. I am very interested in what kind of substrate you are using. Tank specs?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing pt, are you planning to add it on the rocks so that they cascade down like the other tank? If so it will work out okay. I am very interested in what kind of substrate you are using. Tank specs?
Exactly! cascade down is what im looking for.

the substrate is a DIY one. mix of peat, vermiculite and a lillte bit of worm casting.

234W T5, 9W UV, CO2 110X50X60 cm, 100% RO water.
20 PPM nitrate
2 PPM posphate
plantex csm + b micro
iron
all ferts are DIY

Thats it i think

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys!

its not petrified wood, its quartz rocks...

i tried the HC, but the damn thing just wont grow!!! ill give it another shot, if its not going to work than ill put some glosostigma in there..
i know the back ground needs a trim.. im just waiting a little bit with that till it will get full enough.

:proud:

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Very nice! I really like the quartz rock.

The rotala looks amazing, but IMO there's too much of a contrast in the size and texture between it and the Hygro in the middle. Do you have access to Sunset Hygro instead? Or something with even small leaves than that... right now the scale isn't right.

And you also need something along the sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.