The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my tank over 3 months. Each photo is about a month apart. I started co2 injection probably a couple weeks before the 2nd picture. Now I am just waiting for my canister filter so I can hopefully get my co2 stabilized. You can see it very well in the pick but I have a ton of diatoms and now bba algae starting to form. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
one day I'll get one of my tanks to look that good! (I hope).the diatoms as you probably know are temporary and they'll go away on their own.I don't use co2,but when I begin to see algaes I cut back on the light,and run a siesta.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
one day I'll get one of my tanks to look that good! (I hope).the diatoms as you probably know are temporary and they'll go away on their own.I don't use co2,but when I begin to see algaes I cut back on the light,and run a siesta.
Thank you! I keep hoping the diatoms go away. I am at about 3 months. I was concerned that the lava rocks were releasing silica into the water and causing it, but I have also seem many other people with lava rocks that seem to be working. My Otos are as fat as ever at least! :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts