The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used a bubble wand the first time I had discus, they were the most fearful skiddish fish I'd ever seen. I don't remember why I cut off the bubbler but they were glad and began to venture out. I guess that the noise and flow bothers them at high flow rates...which might be what's happening.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yea, put your ear up against the glass when everything is on. it sounds like a warzone in the middle of a construction site!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here is some pics of my 75 gallon discus tank. The 3 discus are from Discus Dave in Atlanta.

Gold Master

Red Melon

Oriental Dream
Nice tank. I should do fake plants to aleast they will look good forever and it be cheaper. LoL I hate being on a budget. College sucks in that sense.

I have some questions are you going to get more discus? Thats a big tank for only 3 discus. Id say get 4 more. MY personal expo Id put them discus in a bar bottom tank or they will look LikeGold Master I have 2 that they call mandarin passion and there about 4" - 4.5" and man I hate them there so tinny compared to my 6 inch and the ers look so beautiful.

Please update. Hope to see some more pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice tank. I should do fake plants to aleast they will look good forever and it be cheaper. LoL I hate being on a budget. College sucks in that sense.

I have some questions are you going to get more discus? Thats a big tank for only 3 discus. Id say get 4 more. MY personal expo Id put them discus in a bar bottom tank or they will look LikeGold Master I have 2 that they call mandarin passion and there about 4" - 4.5" and man I hate them there so tinny compared to my 6 inch and the ers look so beautiful.

Please update. Hope to see some more pics.
I have a total of 9 discus in that tank. I know everyone says to put discus in a bare bottom tank but I think it looks better with gravel. I've been keeping my discus in a tank with gravel ever since I got them and I've had no problems. I got my fake plants from petco, they had a sale for buy 2 get 1 free so I was kind of happy about that. I tried real plants before and I did not do to great with them. So I decided to go with fake plants since they are much easier for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.