The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I am new to the forum and so far I am pleased with how nice the people are and how informative this forum is...

Okay so here is my tank
-65 gallon use to be a reef tank
-Custom made 3d background made by me. 1st one so it came out ok I guess.
-Custom sandfall
-Some fake plants Hopefully will swap them out with some real ones.
-So far the only real plants that I have: Java Moss and other plants which I do not know the name off courtesy of MrBrongher (by the way cool dude).
-2nd day with the plants thank God the cichlids have no interest in them so I have hopes in them growing etc...
Anyways feedback is more than welcome.

Update:
uploaded a Video
http://youtu.be/vxJKQ76bqRQ

Before plants.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Very, very nice - I'm so impressed that this is your 1st 3D background! Did you use concrete or Drylok?
The only tip I have for any 3D background is to be sure you have access to all parts of the nooks & crannies, in case you have to get a dead fish out sometime...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right space is minimum but I only want a few plants I dont c myself adding more... if anything down the line I'll just swap these out for other one

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Duh - lol

I always read the last posts only, because of my email notifications - it never occurred to me to check the opening post - lol!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I was looking at your tanks and man they look awesome!!! very natural looking... I wish i would have had more time with mines but the wife was not to happy with the mess I had etc...
Thanks! I wish I had better discipline, I always plan on making a well thought out tank, but in the end I get over excited & just throw things in as i get them - lol I really love that you think they look natural - if I could force myself to take the time, I'd like to recreate a stream bed...

Your 3D background is fantastic - it was worth any mess you might have made ; )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! I wish I had better discipline, I always plan on making a well thought out tank, but in the end I get over excited & just throw things in as i get them - lol I really love that you think they look natural - if I could force myself to take the time, I'd like to recreate a stream bed...

Your 3D background is fantastic - it was worth any mess you might have made ; )
Thanks
Its definitely worth it but next time I'll take my time and give it better shape and colors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts