Equipment:

EHIEM classic something or another
Top fin air 4000 pump
Aqueon 250w heater
Cal Aqua drop checker
4 54 watt T5 bulbs in custom fixture

as far as plant type i dont know i just pic them from the local store

i also does seachem flourish excel twice a week and use seachems root tabs

i dont recall the any of the test #s for the water but ill add it when i test this weekend

ok well here are the pics

just brought the tank home

when i first got it going

testing cfl bulbs

current set up

lights on

[/I]

loach

gourami

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and any advise on adding co2 would be great i have a tank just need a to purchase the rest im just wondering what would be the best way to first introduce it into the aquarium so i dont get any crazy spikes

·
Registered
288 Posts
In your last picture with the Gourami the plant to the right of him (the varigated one) is not a true aquatic plant. It will slowly wither and rot in your tank. I'm suspicius of the plant to the left of the Gourami too, but am not sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both are now dead lol the local store I goto is really good with fish not so good with plants. I ask them what kind of plants they have and they never know

I thought it was from lack of co2 and improper lights

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok took the danios out and put them in my 20g tank. got sick of them bullying my angels around during feeding time. also planning on doing a substrate swap to maybe eco-complete after reading alot of good reviews on it

im also wondering if the lighting fixture i made is really all that efficient since the bulbs i use are so long they stick out of the lamp reflector. may have to make new reflectors for it that are deeper to help focus the light more

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok finished the eco complete swap and added the co2 also added some emperor tetras and another fish i forgot the name of :(

anyone know what that guy is :biggrin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
everything was going great plant growth is nuts lol...

but one of my blue dwarf gourami died today and now my other is depressed

my levels are as follows

ph-6.8
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
nitrate-10-20
dKH-8.5
and drop checker looked a little above 30ppg

everyone else looks ok emporer tetras are swimming around fine along with everyone else my loach has awesome color even my peacock gobys are out and about

can bad filtration cause fish to die cause i know i dont really have the proper filter for this set-up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

just upgraded the lights 4 54 t5 watt bulbs , much better.

also im running out of flourish and was wondering what you guys may recommend for ferts?

as far as my fungus infection it's all under control i took my one angel out that had it the worst and put him in a smaller tank with pima and mel. and he cleared up after about week. i also treated the entire tank with some api product that turned the water neon green

i think from now on im going to put new fish in a separate tank for a little while before putting them in my main tank cause im pretty sure it came with the last fish i bought :proud:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.