The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my tank a couple of months ago before the big move to downstairs and the light/heater failure.
I am a complete Neophyte, and I know nothing about planted tanks. My cup is completely empty and I am ready to fill it up ;) , slowly and drink from that cup. :proud:
The substate is a bit mixed up, as you can see from above, it was nice and and uniform. but my grandmother forced me to move the tank downstairs, which equates to carrying a nearly empty tank down the stairs with substrate in it. A mudslide.

The new newest photos are my latest attempt at this hobby. I started to get discouraged from this hobby after decline in care towards my tank, by me and my family.

I decided to take some time in my break and work on my tank, here is the result. I got some plants from my aunt who also is into planted aquariums.
Advice, criticism, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Below: my moss wall that never completely took off, but I think it was getting there. then systematic failure to entire tank takes place.

My light that I found at a local goodwill in roseville. $2.50. A better light than I had, but only to find out it is a bit dangerous. Holding my breath for now...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good. You doing any CO2? i just re-did my 55 also so when it settles i`ll post pics also.
No co2 yet, but I will be setting it up. I do DIY co2, I have a huge scuba tank that has been retrofitted for co2 but the valves and stuff seem to be too much. so DIY seems just right for now.

·
Registered
544 Posts
It´s common for them to eat them when they first start spawning. Some of them are not good at guarding and they fall prey to other fish. Other times they just eat them the first couple times they lay eggs before taking into parenthood. If you want to raise the fry it´s best to give the pair their own tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.