The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks good to me. You seem to have VERY healthy growth so you must be doing something right. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's your first planted tank?? Just from reading this site? Very impressive healthy looking tank and plants. :proud:

You must be one of those strange people who actually absorbs what they read, or at least can put it into practice! ;)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
heh, very impressive. I LOVE the jungle look, but it's not too overgrown. Just right. I also really like the really big, dark crypt-looking plant on the left.

I'd suggest turning down the exposure on the camera if it's possible. Even my crappy easyshare has the option of reducing exposure, it helps avoid that really bright, washed out look on the amazon sword.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
esarkipato said:
heh, very impressive. I LOVE the jungle look, but it's not too overgrown. Just right. I also really like the really big, dark crypt-looking plant on the left.

I'd suggest turning down the exposure on the camera if it's possible. Even my crappy easyshare has the option of reducing exposure, it helps avoid that really bright, washed out look on the amazon sword.
Another thing that helps is if you've got two banks of lights to turn one bank off. I think THE #1 hard thing to learn with digital photography is how to avoid blowing highlights, and sometimes it seems it just isn't possible.

That's one happy sword :proud:!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

I set the tank up about 2 years ago.
My first planted tank.
I had alot of algea for quiet some time.
For several months last summer (due to a home remodel) I completely let it go.
But after about 4 or 5 months of TLC, it seems to be back in shape.
I'd say 90% of my learning was at this forum.
After lots of lurking and learning, maybe I can contribute every now and again.
I'll have to get out the camera manual now that I have something to photograph.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts