The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a few pics of my 55 gallon tank. It has been setup since 4/1/11. Since then there has been many changes to it. At present it has for plants.
Jungle Val (Vallisneria americana), Echinodorus cordifolius var. 'marble queen' "Marble Queen Radican Sword", Echinodorus parviflorus "Rosette Sword",Echinodorus bleheri, Echinodorus schlueteri x barthii "Ozelot Sword", Rotala indica, duckweed.

As for fish I have 3 oto catfish, 2 Long-finned German blue rams, and 5 angelfish.

I am using 2 48" T8 bulbs (GE daylight 6500k bulbs from lowes).
NO Co2
Flourish Comprehensive 1x week.
Substrate is eco-complete

A few of those pics have Colombian blue tetras in it. Those were the first fish I got. They became very nippy so I rehomed them. Also sorry for the bad pics. I don't have a good camra soo I mostly just use my cell phone to take pics as it takes the best between the two LoL Hope you enjoy and I am open to any and all suggestion or advice on this tank as this is the first tank I have done.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
GREAT TANK!!!

Love the plants in it too! VERY GOOD GROWTH especially with no Co2! I have been very surprised lately with the people having great growth with no co2!

Keep Up the GREAT WORK!!!
Drew

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Excellent tank - very lush and refreshing!
I like how you've had the willpower to keep the plant selection simple. I started two planted tanks one after the other, and not knowing any better I bought up a bunch on different plants I could get locally - just to get plants in there for cycling. I started these tanks within the last 2 months, and now I'm going to redo my scaping as I learn how to really use plant selection to create an atmosphere. Like you did! lol
Lovely!
PS - are you sure that's a 55? maybe it's the scale of the windows or tabletop, but it looks like a typo...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent tank - very lush and refreshing!
I like how you've had the willpower to keep the plant selection simple. I started two planted tanks one after the other, and not knowing any better I bought up a bunch on different plants I could get locally - just to get plants in there for cycling. I started these tanks within the last 2 months, and now I'm going to redo my scaping as I learn how to really use plant selection to create an atmosphere. Like you did! lol
Lovely!
PS - are you sure that's a 55? maybe it's the scale of the windows or tabletop, but it looks like a typo...
Thanks I originally order a plant package some of the plants didn't make it cause of low lighting. I have re done the aquascape like 4 times because of removing plants that for one reasone or another. Yes I am sure it is a 55 gallon must just the pics.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So green! You just strengthened my resolve for no CO2. Thanks. :)

If I may ask, where did you get your plants?
I order the jungle assortment package for a 55 gallon tank from thatpetplace.com Some of the plants i don't have anymore just didn't make it due to low lighting I am guessing. Feel free to ask any question and I will answer them the best I can. :D

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It is a great looking tank...I just noticed the angel fish in the first pic! Love all the verticals in it - the wood and plants work well together.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I tried to make a home as "natural" as possible for the angelfish as I could. I was under the impression that they like lots of tall sticks and branches. I was constantly looking for driftwood to add height to the tank. There were many trips to the river LoL

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
wood, angelfish and lots of green so whats not to like?
using the washed and rounded large river stone is very nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.