The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my set-up so far

Tank: 3 gallon JBJ Picotope

Lighting: i replaced the 9w 50/50 bulb that comes with the tank with a 9w 6700K bulb

Filtration: i am using the filter that came with the tank and a filter that came with a RedSea half gallon tank...the media used in both are 1/2" bio-balls

Substrate: CaribSea Instant Aquarium Crystal River

Flora: so far diffrent kinds of Java Fern, Java Moss, and anubias petite

Fauna: 4 Neolamprologus multifasciatus, 4 or 5 tiger shrimp, and 1 otto

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New In Box...Picked up from marine depot headquarters today

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replacing the 50/50 bulb with a 6700K bulb

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tank with sand, some java fern and some java moss

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tank with more java fern shells and filters

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are more plants on the way...i forgot what...ill let you know as soon as they come

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What's a "multi"? You have it listed in your fauna section.

I think it looks really good with the plants already in there. The only thing Im not crazy about is the little piece of zebra rock. It looks a little out of place.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's a "multi"? You have it listed in your fauna section.

I think it looks really good with the plants already in there. The only thing Im not crazy about is the little piece of zebra rock. It looks a little out of place.
i dont think it looks out of place...im going to add another piece a little bigger though with one of the types of moss i am getting

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks tamelesstgr i still have a couple 2 gal one 6 gal and a 12 gal eclipse tanks somewhere around the house

arent ferns and mosses pretty adaptable though

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yea just got 4 more fish and another tiger shrimp

Tank: 3 gallon JBJ Picotope

Lighting: i replaced the 9w 50/50 bulb that comes with the tank with a 9w 6700K bulb

Filtration: i am using the filter that came with the tank and a filter that came with a RedSea half gallon tank...the media used in both are 1/2" bio-balls

Substrate: CaribSea Instant Aquarium Crystal River

Flora: so far diffrent kinds of Java Fern, Java Moss, and anubias petite

Fauna: 4 Neolamprologus multifasciatus, 5 or 6 tiger shrimp, 3 small Panda Cory Cats, and 2 ottos

i got the Cory Cats 1 cause i needed more movement in my tank, 2 i need a good scavenger because most of the food hits the bottom of the tank, and 3 it was 3 for $8.99 USD one cost $3.99 USD

i got the shrimp because i never see my other ones
and
i got the otto because my other one needed a little help

ill post picture of them as soon as my battery finishes charging

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whoa, I really do think that 3 gal is a little small for four Multi's, let alone the other fish. Corydoras panda will get too large (2 1/2 inches) and will be too boisterous when they do the whole "rapid gulp of air" thing they do, plus the Multi's won't like sharing the bottom level with them.

The Neolamprologus multifasciatus will of course eat the shrimp? Since they are carnivorous and have large mouths? ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whoa, I really do think that 3 gal is a little small for four Multi's, let alone the other fish. Corydoras panda will get too large (2 1/2 inches) and will be too boisterous when they do the whole "rapid gulp of air" thing they do, plus the Multi's won't like sharing the bottom level with them.

The Neolamprologus multifasciatus will of course eat the shrimp? Since they are carnivorous and have large mouths? ;)
Agreed. This is way too much livestock. Just picking any one of the species that are in the tank would be stretching it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the corys are temporary tank mates til i can find pygmy corys

the shrimp are as big as the multies and there havent been any problems

are ottos schooling fish???

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
This is a cool looking tank. I have found my otos love to hang out together. I even catch them playing in the filter stream together quite often.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks...i like watching them too...today they were swimming after each other really fast

1 - 20 of 56 Posts