The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 36 gallon Reef Aquarium

1754 5
I thought I would go ahead and add a thread in the lounge section about my saltwater reef tank. Out of the 7 tanks I have only one of them is salt. That is mostly because I like planted tanks more, and saltwater is just too expensive! But I have enjoyed my saltwater tank that I have (cheaply) set up. I will try to get some pictures up, but the tank is a mess right now as I am getting ready to move it.

The tank:

Tank- 36 gallon Aqueon Bowfront
Lights- 2 Ecoxotic par38 12,000k Led Bulbs
Heater- 150w Aqueon Pro Heater
Skimmer- Red Sea Prism Deluxe (It is better than nothing)
Power Heads- 1 Koralia 425s and 1 Maxijet 600
Soon to be added! Ecotech MP10!

Stock:

2 Ocellaris Clown Fish
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby
12 Blue Hermit Crabs
4 Turbo Snails
12 Nassarius Snails
1 Porcelain Crab

Coral:

Frogspawn with 3 heads
Duncan coral (bush variety) with 7 heads

Rock and Sand:

About 5 pounds of Tufa
About 15 pounds of Base Reef Rock
about 5 pounds of Live Rock
Around 15 pounds of Aragonite
Around 15 pounds of fine white sugar sand

Misc Info:

-Fish are feed 4 different kinds of dry food, they get frozen food on the weekend
-I use Red Sea pro salt with 0 tds RO/DI water, I am switching to Coralife salt
-The tank gets a 20% waterchange once a week
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds nice, would love to see some pics! I was turning over the idea of doing a SW setup for the last 2 months and finally decided against it. Mostly b/c it's so expensive. Also, seems like a little more work than I'm willing to do right now. Do you have a whole RO/DI setup or just use distilled?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds nice, would love to see some pics! I was turning over the idea of doing a SW setup for the last 2 months and finally decided against it. Mostly b/c it's so expensive. Also, seems like a little more work than I'm willing to do right now. Do you have a whole RO/DI setup or just use distilled?
I have a 4 stage RO/DI system from Bulk Reef Supply. I use it on most of my planted tanks too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You'll love the MP10 (you'll have to be careful with your sugar sand) I use an MP-10 on my desktop nano and MP-40's on my DT - Nothing else moves water like Vortechs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.