The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum, but I thought I'd share here as well.

Well, I got a 300 gallon stock tank from my dad and had a pond filter and pump laying around, so I put this in. I wasn't sure how to do the enclosure, but some friends of mine just built a house and had lots of this rock laying around, so the price was right. I'm going to use flagstone as a top all the way around. It's been in for about 10 months or so, and I've finished stacking the rock, but I don't have a decent camera, so no current pics. The fish are all doing great. I had a small fountain, but noise level was a bit too high (had to cranck up the tv if you wanted to watch anything) so I just have the pump aggitating the water a bit and I'm using some air disks in it.

It's stocked with:
Koi (a few butterfly's as well)
feeder comets (rescued from petsmart)
fancy tails
red caps
and 2 plecos

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow, i am officially jealous!
I have an outdoor pond, but when the fish get to big in the winter i have to rehome them as i do not have an aquarium big enough inside!

Looking great, can't wait to see some new pictures!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
That looks great. I have been wanting to get one of those 8 foot wide stock tanks for a indoor pond when I get my own house. It would go right through the floor of my parents house.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is cool! I am suddenly finding myself setting up a 100g stock tank in the basement. I cured a sarassa of dropsy (so happy!) and I'm afraid to put him back outside right when winter weather hits- I'm sure that would stress him too much. And the water changes on this 10 gallon he's in now are just NOT going to happen all winter long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.