The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dreaming about and planning this tank for a while. It's been up for almost a month. Blue Dream Shrimp will occupy it soon.

3 Gallon bowfront by Mr. Aqua.
13 watt 6,500k CFL
Azoo 60 filter
Driftwood.
2 clumps of anubias nana petite.
2 anubias nana pinto
Hydrocotyle Japan sp
Chain sword
Crypt parva
Frogbit
Peace Lily growing emersed
and wild 3 Leaf clover to the right of that.

Hope you all enjoy. I've got another dream, and a 2.6 gallon low iron tank on the way. Look out for it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thank you both, and Ha! I wish.

The stupid drift wood is constantly shedding little pieces of wood all over my substrate and plants that need to be sucked out. It's a real pain in the butt.

if you have another tank, drop a young ancistrus in, it'll get rid of the loose, soft wood. you need to have somewhere else to put it after a few months though :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually don't mind the look of it. It looks really cool and natural with the stuff all over the substrate, but I don't like it on my plants. I want them to look clean. I'm also worried it may rot or something if I leave it in there for too long.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That anubias pinto is nice! I don't see that one often.
Thanks. I've got two of them in there. My babies for sure! I can't wait to get my hands on a Snow White, Pangolino, and Chili. I love the rare anubias for quality low tech setups. It's hard to find something not everyone already has for low tech.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thanks. I've got two of them in there. My babies for sure! I can't wait to get my hands on a Snow White, Pangolino, and Chili. I love the rare anubias for quality low tech setups. It's hard to find something not everyone already has for low tech.
You got the perfect placement in here too. Yeah, those rare anubias plants are underrated. I think buces have been in the spotlight so much lately.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You got the perfect placement in here too. Yeah, those rare anubias plants are underrated. I think buces have been in the spotlight so much lately.
For sure. I like some of the nano-leaved buce though. I'm planning on using a few in my new 2.6 gallon low iron. Really want a Chili and Pangolino in my scape though. Serious coin once again lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.