The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have been lurking on this site for a few months. Just lazy to post. Here are some pictures of my 3 gal PICO. It's about 2 weeks now. Messed with it with different substrates (Kitty Litter, PlaySand, TopSoil, Shultz Aquatic Soil.) When it's not working, I just take the tank outside my apartment and flip it :biggrin:

Here are my tank specs

Tank: 3 GAL PICOTOPE
Filter: 50 AquaClear filter
Lighting: CatFish Lighting 18 W
Current Substrate;) : Seachem Flourite mixed with play sand
CO2: DIY
Fauna: 3 baby Zebra Danios, 1 Amano, 2 Unidentified Shrimps (I think it's offsprings from my Blueberry Shrimp)
Hardscape: Drift wood and unidentified rocks
Flora: Glosso, Taiwan Moss and HC (I think)

·
Registered
990 Posts
very good start plant looks like glosso . Are you sure that is drift wood cuz it looks like it is still green. try rearanging the wood in a natural looking position. glosso may need more light to stay compact and close to the soil. The moss will look nice when it covers the wood. I have a 24w catfish light over my 3.5gal . Do you use a heater on on your yank?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comment. I may need to get smaller pieces of drift wood. The "green" piece has Taiwan moss wrapped on it. Hard to arrange the drift wood to the way I like. Finally, I got tired and threw a bunch in like firewood :frown: Maybe I can get inspiration later on. I still have a bunch of driftwood I got from Galveston. If I boil it I maybe able to put in the tank. My Catfish Lighting is actually 24 W. Do I need more lights to get the Glosso to grow dense and horizontally?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.