The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum but not to ponds. Here are a few pics of my pond, it is 3,000g, I have 3 koi about 18-22" and numerous goldies and lots of plants and of course the frogs.

Now I am getting ready to start a planted tank....:D

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that is GORGEOUS! I'm trying to convince my wife to let me set up a pond in our backyard
shinycard255,
Thank you, it has been a work in progress for over 6 years now, have changed the creeks twice and the waterfall numerous times, just couldn't quite get them the way I wanted them. I really like my koi and they are really fun to watch, I bought them when they were only 4" and now they range from 18-22" I think , the one might be larger don't know.

GEEZ! thats a river lol

throw couple turtles in there

looks awesome
Semperfimrn1,
Thanks. I thought about turtles but didn't want them eating all my other smaller fish. I am on another pond forum and several people have turtle only ponds and others have turtles with their fish.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, I' have to repeat that you have a gorgeous setup there. It looks like such a relaxing area, even for your schnauzer there (looks like one at least)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I really like my setup however I am always looking at tweaking it here and there. One of the reasons that I found this forum is that I am looking at doing a planted tank with some fish. I really enjoy plants and the fish are like my pets but I don't get to enjoy them for several months out of the year due to the winters and cold weather but with a planted tank I will be able to take my passion for plants and fish to a different level. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That is one very beautiful looking pond. I love the way you have the logs scattered all over, it makes it look very natural. Very nice Japanese maples you have there also.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This is the nicest pond I have seen posted, landscaping is amazing. I like how you only have 3 Koi in 3000G, fish must be very happy with that much water. How deep is the pond? I'm building my 3 pond after moving and shutting down my 600G and 3000G ponds. I'm hoping I'v learned from building 2 ponds but I have a much smaller space this time. 700g if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is 40" deep, not the whole thing but about a 4x5 area. There is another forum that I belong to just for ponds that is really helpfull. I joined this forum to help me with my planted tank and found this section it was an added bonus. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.