The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions, comments would be appreciated.

Tank specs:
25 gallon 24"x13"x19"
plants- bacopa monnieri
corkscrew val
crypt wendtii
marimo ball
mini water lettuce
plant id on the very left plz.. the sword type plant.

aqueon quietflow 30
100 watt submersible heater

5 glow light tetras
1 angel

Future stocking plan: 5 glowlight tetras
1 angelfish
2 german blue rams
1 dwarf gourami
6 marbled hatchetfish

I would like to know what you guys think..

I will post more pictures as the tank progresses and I add more fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Looks fine so far! The only thing I would suggest is adding more plants and mabey moveing the driftwood to a "standing" position, to take advantage of your tanks hight. Also, what are you useing for lighting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot! i'm not done scaping yet and still will add some more plants. This is my first real "planted" tank and I think it looks pretty good. My lighting is a 24" coralife dualtube fixture with a 14 watt colormax bulb and a 14 watt 6700K bulb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
updates: moved the plants around a little.. gave the marimo ball to my brother for his betta haha.

Pictures:
doesnt the driftwood in picture #3 look like a shark or something? just wanted to know if i'm not the only one who thinks this.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
okay well i think the "sword" u have is not a sword at all lift it out and tank a picture of the root part right were it connects to the plant. im sure u have a terrestrial plant or it maybe a anubias. they have been sneaking these into the local fish stores and im finding they are dying quick under water. so i think they might not be a aquatic plant at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.