The Planted Tank Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Have you checked your phosphates? Club soda contains potassium phosphate. Perhaps 5ml weekly of club soda would help.
Thanks for the thought, I think I'm gonna give it a bit of time and then maybe try something else back there.

I had an idea this afternoon, I feel like the mid/fore ground is kinda crowded.. and is mostly the ohko stone. My current idea to remedy this would be:

RED Take out the two stones in red and fill that area in with foreground plants. Good idea or no?

BLUE I am lost on what to put here to fill in the areas around the wood I don't think I am a fan of the crypt undulata currently there. Any ideas/suggestions welcome!! These would probably need to be low light since the wood shades these areas.

Any other ideas of course welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hair grass at least needs Co2 additive. Java fern are sensitive Co2 additive.

Lilaeopsis chinensis, which you have been talking about, looks like it will grow similar to Dwarf hair grass and doesn't need a lot of Co2.
If it's DIY in low concentrations CO2, Java Fern will do great.

I think the Rotala will need some CO2 encouragement.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I just remembered that there is a Co2 additive that is for sensitive plants. It is brightwell aquatics FlorinAxis.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Quick update, I ordered my co2 regulator today! Went with the Archaea regulator from aqua forest aquariums. I'm sure Ill have loads more to share once it arrives, can't wait!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Regulator came today!! The rest will be here next week, then I can finally start getting some good growth!

Took out the 2 rocks mentioned before and filled in the area with hygrophila araguaia, gonna see how it fills in. Also added some crypt nevilli, crypt beckettii, and floscopa scandens. Not sure how I feel about the changes but I wanna give everything a chance to fill in with the co2 and take things from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I finally got all my items last Friday and set everything up that afternoon. Not only do I have co2 set up now but I changed to a sunsun 603b canister and I'm loving it, really helps 'open up' the tank. I have already noticed an improvement in the baby tears and rotala nanjenshen which is awesome! Hopefully the algae problem I have will go away soon. Really excited to see the floscopa scandens and hygro araguaia grow in, first time with those ones. Ill get more pics of the growth when there is some more noticable development!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Update:
A little over a month of co2 up and running has shown some amazing growth.. I don't think I can setup a tank without co2 ever again.
Also I've noticed that at least with my buce co2 has improved their growth and color dramatically..
FTS 1 week before trim and then after.

Attachments

61 - 71 of 71 Posts