The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a long over due introduction of myself and my tank. I am consistently short on cash so that's why I choose the natural looking route. I absolutely love my tank though! The dw is from some near by lake. The rocks are from a creek near my house and I stick with java moss cause I don't have too much cash and I'm not sure if the capabilities of my lighting
Fixtures
2 hob filters
-petco bookshelf filter
-some other one I think it's aqueon
Aqueon 20 gal long
Aqueon hood
Plants and animals
Dwarf water lettuce
Frogbit
Java moss
Java fern
Pothos(in the hob filters)
Endlers
Coming soon shrimps
Soon leaving my pleco.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Think this might belong in tank journals but it's great hearing how much joy your tank gives you! That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

I added some new Plants!
4 amazon swords
4 water wisterias
the swords look sickly but i got them half off and after only 2 days they have some new growth
Some pics!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I'm going to start with the easiest/ highest success type of shrimp I can get. Aka red cherry cherry shrimp. Hopefully I can learn the tricks of shrimp keeping with RCS and graduate up to either higher grade RCS like painted fire reds or a different species of shrimp. Anything you suggest I switch or change to alow the RCS to thrive better?

·
Registered
518 Posts
It looks like you need prefilters on your filters. It keeps the shrimp out of them. Especially baby shrimps. You can get a pack of three for $5.00 on Amazon and it has free shipping.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like you need prefilters on your filters. It keeps the shrimp out of them. Especially baby shrimps. You can get a pack of three for $5.00 on Amazon and it has free shipping.
Yea I was researching all of that and I'm going to check my local stores first. I'm also thinking of Malawi shrimp. Do you know anyone that sells them for cheap.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
If you are still wondering how to make a journal just go to the "Tank Journals" forum further up on the list of categories, higher than this aquascaping forum

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
quick update: i have moved some plants around and added water sprite. also MALAWA SHRIMP are coming in very soon. im so excited

1 - 15 of 15 Posts