The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's not much to look at just yet, but it's getting there. Substrate is 3M color quartz. Three pieces of petrified wood are arranged in a Sanzon-esque iwagumi pattern, and dwarf sagitarria is planted in the back corners. You can't see it yet, but I've also planted a carpet of UG that melted away from the high levels of CO2 in this tank (compared to the tank the UG came from). It will be back soon, as I already see a few blades poking up above the substrate.

Pictures:

Any thoughts on inhabitants for this tank? I already plan on putting a handful of cherry shrimp in there, so don't say "shrimp." And I can't find any source for dwarf puffers, so don't say those either.

:)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's only in there right now to soak up nutes. I'm basically trimming all the runners that come up outside of their designated areas. I want this tank to eventually be all UG.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did actually, but it was too late for this tank. I have some being grown emersed in a 10g right now, actually! ;)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
O M G.

Church is BACK!!

This was the tank that got me into planted tanks! Inspired me to dig up my forgotten 2.5g bow and use it as a planted tank!

Love the new scape also. Maybe some Micro Rasp.??

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Yeah this was the tank that I gave to my girlfriend to get her into planted tanks, but she's since decided she prefers to be a spectator. So the tank is mine again, and this is what I came up with. There is a new blade of UG sticking out of the subtrate every day, so pretty soon it should start showing a carpet. Once the UG gets going the sag comes out.

I've been reading about Boraras micros, and I'm thinking they might do well in here...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice. Love the petrified wood!

Bororas micros are east-west swimmers... they wouldn't have much room in there. But that'd make a great tank for a betta...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know a betta would love it in here, but (I'm almost ashamed to admit it!) they are just too large for my liking. Plus it would be nice to be able to have more than 1 fish in here. But a good suggestion, nonetheless, and I haven't ruled out the possibility of getting one...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts