The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first planted 55G. Just thought I would share.

Started 3/29/2006

I know pathetic, right?

7/23/2006

Added Amazon, Java Fern, Anubias Nana & Brazilian Sword

5/22/2007

AMAZON JUNGLE:smile: . Still have the original plants minus the Brazilian sword.

5/27/2007

Left Side:

Red Ludwigia & Flame moss (thanks MikeNas102 added).
Right Side:

AMAZON JUNGLE!!!!

I'm selling most of my Amazon now to make room for the Eleocharis ''parvula'' , Wisteria, Watersprite, Java Moss & Marimo Balls. I will update when I get the rest of the plants.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Gerald.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATED: 5/29/2007

As you can see got rid of most of the Amazon Swords. Planning to put some carpeting type plants in front of the driftwood. And probably trade the BN Pleco for some more Otto's.

Any other suggestions of any other plants that would be good w/ the setup I have? Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well redid again:

Added baseball size Marimo Ball & Java Moss w/c I tied to the rock. And a few stem plants. Planning to add some Dwarf Hairgrass for the front right side.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated 7/1/2007

UPDATED: 7/1/2007- Before I added the Driftwood

W/ the new driftwood in the tank. I think it looks nice if i do say so myself:hihi:

Here is the left side: (w/ the 2 remaining Amazon Sword, L. Repens, Java Fern & Moss, Vals & that stem plant on the very left corner *ID pls.*

Here is the right side: (D. Hairgrass, Flame Moss, Nana, Java Windelov, Baseball Marimo Ball:icon_smil )

Just thought I'd share. Pls. feel free w/ any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
235 Posts
I also like the changes you've made to this tank. It looks great. I am also surprised that your parrots have LET you do the planted tank thing. I remember mine had half of the 50g they were in dug up down to the glass bottom.

kara

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also like the changes you've made to this tank. It looks great. I am also surprised that your parrots have LET you do the planted tank thing. I remember mine had half of the 50g they were in dug up down to the glass bottom.

kara
Yeah, mine did that also. I just put the gravel back on the place where they dig. Now the only place they like to dig is in their house (cave):tongue: .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed you can see all of your equipment, not appealing. Plus it will bring out your fish and plant color alot more. I think you'll be happy you did it.
Would a Blue background look better? I'm already thinking of getting the blue w/ adhesive already attached to put in the back.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I prefer the black background just because it tends to be less noticeable than blue. That being said, if you continue on heavily planting your tank, it won't matter what color you have!

By the way, good decision on removing those Amazons. I made the mistake of putting 4 in my 58 gallon and a year later, they were WAY too big for the tank and I removed them, one by one to make room.

Looks like you've got some great progress so far!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts