The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shot was taken about 3 weeks ago. Gotta do a little more work, I'm not 100% satisfied yet.

Here's a couple of occupants.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dobie, you're a little behind the times, take a look at the date of the post and the comment I made. That picture was taken back in March. Look at my sig for a more up to date pic. And no, this is not my first attempt at a planted tank. Besides, I don't do my planted tanks for anyone's pleasure but my own, so if there's no definition (by your standard) that's fine, I happen to like it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
dobie, you're a little behind the times, take a look at the date of the post and the comment I made. That picture was taken back in March. Look at my sig for a more up to date pic. And no, this is not my first attempt at a planted tank. Besides, I don't do my planted tanks for anyone's pleasure but my own, so if there's no definition (by your standard) that's fine, I happen to like it.
hey now... your the one who's a little behind with updating your own thread...its not his fault

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not a bad start but it needs some type of definition to the layout (lack there of). There is no balance. The water looks a bit murky, too.

Is this your first attempt at a planted tank?
A little too bold for your 3rd post dude.

It could have been phrased more "constructively" if your aim was to help out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey now... your the one who's a little behind with updating your own thread...its not his fault
sNApple, this wasn't meant to be a journal. I posted that picture back in April to show what I'd done and try to get some helpful hints. Nobody decided to offer any hints so I didn't add any updates since nobody seemed to care. But just in case you are interested here's an update.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice looking tank ILuvMyGoldBarb:icon_smil

4x96w 6700K bulbs.....how do you manage to get the red plants to stay red, with that lighting? I run 1x96w 6700K and 1x10000K and my red plants dont look that red....and someone told me before adding the 10000K in place of the 6700K would help? Maybe I should go back to the 2x96w 6700K

Very nice looking discus tank! I only hope one day I will get mine under control

Thanks!:icon_smil

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part of the formula for keeping them red is the addition of the proper nutrients and CO2. I keep my Iron at the right levels and all other nutrients balanced.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still working on it. I had started using the recommended amounts for EI dosing but found I had to change things with the presence of the Discus in my tank. I have to do the math so I can figure out how to keep my plants well supplied and still have the nitrates low. Since I started using dry ferts my Discus haven't been as active so I need to lower the amounts I'm using. Before I started using dry ferts I was keeping my nitrates at about 5-10ppm. That last picture was taken when I was using Seachem's Flourish line of products, however that's a rather expensive proposition when you are dealing with a 125gal tank.:icon_eek: I'm going to figure out what will work to keep things well fertilized and also not stress my Discus, they've grown quite accustomed to having nitrates at a very low level.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.