The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This another one of my attempts to keep a planted aquarium (I tried a few years back). Anyways, I recently got a whole bunch of plants, some DIY CO2, and some flourish excel, and hope to have a nice aquarium. It's a small and humble planted tank, but please tell me what you think! :) My tank has about 2.5 WPG. I will be taking pictures every week to see how my plants are progressing in their growth.

Overall view:

Side view:

Another side view:

Some Java Fern:

Close-up of some water sprite:

C. Wendtii:

Ludwigia Repens:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I get 8 pictures, it doesn't look like any are missing.

I like the Ludwiga Repens and how you've placed it. That gets redder, right? What's the floater in there? Also, what's the fauna - anything beside the lone white cloud? Those should be kept in schools if you can get more. Cherry shrimp might be fun too.

You might want to consider something for the foreground of the tank - maybe hair grass?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Looking good. Do you have anything other than that inert gravel? Most plants either won't grow or will show deficiencies if that's all they're given. I would at least put some root tabs or laterite in the gravel and go from there. Your crypt will like it and if you try anything for a foreground, like hairgrass, sag or whatever...you'll have a better chance. Everything looks healthy though -- good job :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
confuted: The floating plants are duckweed. I know it doesn't sound too appealing but I keep it under control by taking some out each week so it doesn't cover the surface. I also have a betta in there, and I'm planning to get 4 more white clouds this weekend. I would like some foreground plants, but unfortunately, the LFS doesn't sell many plants and the best I can do is anubias or microsword (but I read this needs high light).

Jessica: I'm planning to let my plants grow up and fill in the empty space, and if there are still empty spots I will add more plants.

ringram: Unfortunately, I only have normal aquarium gravel in there. I'm planning to put some plant tabs in the gravel. How much should I add? I'm afraid of adding too much because last time I added a few plant tabs, there was a algal bloom and I don't want that to happen again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These photos were taken just today (March 28, 2007).

Changed to black background, the watersprite has grew even more, trimmed a part of the ludwigia and replanted. Added 4 more white clouds.

What do you guys think of the growth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts