237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TO ALL SELLERS
Please put in your description on any plant/s being sold
light needed
co2 needed
or just
hardiness and care level
It is very hard for newbies like me to switch to another website to find this out
and by the time we do its sold.
And might also help you in the long run just to add this information in.
thanks
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sorry just venting

I apologize to this forum if this is in the wrong thread

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try this...

Highlight the next 2 sentences...

info on your GH,KH,pH,light and CO2? Easy or not to grow?

selet "copy" and then "paste" when you reply to someones thread about a plant you are interested in!:icon_mrgr

What better source about a plant than from the person who is actually growing it? :proud::proud:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Google is a valuable tool. The internet is rich with information available to people that take the time to research aquatic plants.

You really only need two things to be successful with a planted tank:
1. Substrate/Ferts - To provide a plant with nutrition for excellent growth.
2. Lighting - To provide a plant with energy for excellent growth.

There are some plants which require co2.

When you tank fills up to 100% capacity and you don't have adequate flow its time to incorporate pressurized co2.

There are some plants which require different ph. For the most part I haven't had issues growing most plants in a tank with 6.5 ph

Just open a thread in the forum and I'm certain you'll get a response rather quickly.
A seller would answer any questions you might have.

-Gordon

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all and
sorry all-new at this and trying to learn too much too quick
need to take my time and do more research on plants
just that i see RAOK and really don't want to take these plants
if they require CO2 or something i can't provide
but by the time i actually look it up 3-4 times on different websites
they are gone
guess i'll be a little more patient
thanks all

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
this is usually a good idea...send the seller a PM and let them know you're interested...if you're first to send them a PM, most sellers will keep you at the top of the list until you decide (unless otherwise noted)...then if you decide you don't want to buy the plants, kindly please let the seller know within a reasonable time, otherwise the seller has the right to sell to another member

Heres a tip. Tell them you are interested and ask if it's hard to grow. Then decide if you want it or not after...

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
thanks all and
sorry all-new at this and trying to learn too much too quick
need to take my time and do more research on plants
O.K. so, SLOW DOWN 1st decided what you want your aquarium to look like. Then decided what you are willing to do for daily/weekly maint. next decide on equip. choices & your budget.

With that BEFORE you get another plant, make a list of what you like, learn about them, growth, water needs, light.

Keep you list by your PC until you have in your head.

I used to take a notebook to Fish auctions when I raised cichlids. They used the Scientific names, that Latin made my head explode. When I started I bid on the wrong fish more than once. :icon_redf:icon_redf

Do you have a list yet? If so post it up. If I have a ROAK of anything on your list, I'll PM you.

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.