The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am wanting to get some opinions on what ferts are a essential for a planted tank. I realize that there are a lot of different variables to what ferts, dosing, type of plants, lighting, CO2 etc... But is there any products out there that deliver an all in one type of fert? Or something that contains a good variety of supplementation? If not what is the best combination of ferts that would provide fast, lush, healthy plant growth?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I use a macro/micro mix from Aquarium Fertilizer that has 1partKno3,1partMgS04,1partK2So4,1 partCSM+B I also dose iron,Phosphate and Potassium on seperate days because i am growing a few of the tougher stem plants.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you buy them as a dry powder and mix with water when ready to use? Hmmm has anyone used kent pro-plant?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The pro plant is alright but lacks a lot of nutrients and because you are buying it mixed you are paying for a lot of water.dry ferts that you mix are the way to go unless you have just one tank or one that's not to big.With the MMN mix that I use you add 1/4 cup to 2 cups water and lasts for weeks and there is enough for many batches.Some people on this forum sell ferts also...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts