The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December I upgraded from a 6 gallon Fluvial Edge to a 26 gallon tank.

In the 26 gallon, fish had been mysteriously disappearing. 3 Galaxy rasboras one week, a neon tetra, one of my Orange Mexican Crayfish, A Mystery snail.

Mystery solved, and suspicions confirmed last night when I fed the tank last night, my remaining Orange Cray grabbed one of my neons by the face and began eating it.

I have moved it into the Fluval Edge 6 gallon.
So here's my question: I didn't really plan to set up the tiny tank again, but here I am. Is there anything I can keep with the Dwarf Cray in the 6 gallon tank? I figure that if I am going to maintain it, it might as well be interesting.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What about danios.
That cray is unlikely to move fast enough to catch them!
Or giant danios. Fast moving AND too large for him.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
True Baddi then how about danios.
Small, cheap and always moving.
Stalker the cray may be but the danios never stand still.
(Stand? Float maybe. When did they get legs? I don't know it's Monday)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep: I had one that would hide on a leaf, jump out and grab my bettas tail, drag him to the bottom and rip off a chunk of his tail and eat it. I have had several (they breed like bunnies) and all were docile and timid except this guy.

Evil little sh*t.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
A danio is way too active to be kept in such a small tank. And they should be kept in groups. While danios are fast active swimmers, a 6 gallon tank doesn't offer much room to get away from dangers (the CPO). Eventually even a danio might get caught (fish do "sleep" by the way, making them easier targets within a small area). Rather than have danios or any other fish live in constant fear being kept in close quarters with the dwarf cray. I would suggest just selling/trading-in the CPO for store credit at a LFS and get "replacement" fish for the ones the CPO killed.

I can't think of anything that would live happily in a 6 gallon with a CPO, no fish or shrimp. Even CPOs can fight among their own kind. Not even sure if snails are safe with them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.