The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I read that angelfish parents will KILL any other angelfish in the tank after they start spawning... is this true? If so, that means that the poor other three angelfish in my tank are going to need a new home soon, the two biggest are displaying what to MY eyes = pre-spawning behavior... Luckily they happen to be the ones that I was hoping would want to breed...

But can someone confirm that the angelfish will kill each other over the babies? I think I would feel kinda bad about giving the other three away... any stories about keeping them all together in a group?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmmm... I may need to find new homes for them, then... poor little guys. at least I didn't name the little ones. especially since it's just a 45 gallon tank...

·
Registered
295 Posts
They may or may not kill them. They are more interested in defending their egs. They will do what is necessary to keep the eggs safe, and if that means killing something else in the tank they will do it. You gotta love the nature of cichlids. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... Interesting. Well, i'll just have to see how it goes... if they don't kill each other, I don't mind if they have a few spawns I can't save until I get a bigger place or learn how to organize my stuff better so I can fit a 20L in my room somewhere... besides... angels should live nearly 10 years, right?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! They bite me all the time! I'm incredibly pastey white and have occassional dark freckles on my arm. I'm so used to it... I get bit by fish when I swim in a lake, too. Sunnies, specifically... at least, the sunnies in the lake by my uncle's lake place. I used to use the freckle on my knee as bait and just scoop them up in the net when I was a kid.

:) Fish are hilarious. You just gotta remember, it hurts much less than if a cat or a dog bites you.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true... but I think piranhas usually only bite if it's bloody already? kinda like sharks? eh, I don't know a thing about piranhas, except I don't want to go through the trouble of owning them. Puffers... uhhh... maybe when my male bettas die I'll decide to own a dwarf puffer. maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.