The Planted Tank Forum banner

Multiple CO2 Dispenser vs single with increased bubble count

667 6
I've a 65 gal tank (3.5 feet wide) and doing planted tank for the first time. I've a ceramic dispenser of 1 inch dia with bubble counter within. I have placed it on the opposite side of the powerhead so the bubbles are pushes around the tank before they escape to the surface. My current configuration is at 2 bps, however, my CO2 checker which is on the other end of the tank is still bluish mostly. If I increase the bps, the bubbles quickly escape to the water surface and disappears.

Should I split the CO2 and use 2 dispensers or just increase the bps and don't worry about bubbles escaping? :nerd:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What fluid are you using in your co2 checker? The co2 checkers (aka drop checker) take a while to react to changes in pH, they are commonly 2-3 hours behind.
I am not sure what fluid exactly (came long with drop checker) but it worked on my smaller tank and I was able to see color changing to greenish. I am aware that it usually takes 2 to 3 hours to change color but it stays bluish in my large tank all day. If i increase the bps my fishes start gasping.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information.
I’ve started increasing CO2 bubbles for last 2 days and seeing some color change in the fluid. I’ve placed the dispenser against the water current generated by powerhead so it goes round the tank. Now the fluid has started turning greenish when I see in the evening. I’ve to check the ph sometime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.