Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find a timer/power strip/etc. that has the following features:

Multiple outlets, the more the better
Each outlet can be timed individually and separately
Three prong holes per outlet
Distance between outlets is fairly larger (not a requirement; nice to have)

Does something like this exist? I'd like to get rid of my bulky individual timers and power strips.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Coralife makes a strip with 8 outlets. 3 on one timer, 4 on another, and one always on...or something like that. Without spending an insane amount of money I think that will be the closest to what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find a timer/power strip/etc. that has the following features:

Multiple outlets, the more the better
Each outlet can be timed individually and separately
Three prong holes per outlet
Distance between outlets is fairly larger (not a requirement; nice to have)

Does something like this exist? I'd like to get rid of my bulky individual timers and power strips.

I think you're better off sticking with the bulky individual timers and power strips. The closest I've seen to what you're looking for is something like what @Sergeant Dude suggested. But even that doesn't quite fit the bill and from past research things like that seemed expensive for what it offered.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you want that sort of control, your best option is getting a controller like a Reef Keeper Lite. The basic unit is about $130, which isn't bad for a controller. It can be expanded if you need more outlets you can control or if you need additional functions.

There are other controllers out there that can do the job, but some of them can get very expensive.

The coaralife powerstrip is noted for having a lot of failures but most of the people I know that used them were running SW systems, and salt does a number on a lot of electronics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.