The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats wrong with the tantora ones? they are great quality and cheapest you will find.
Nothing wrong with them. I use the Tantora leaves and love them. They just don't give you a lot and my shrimp gobble them up in 2-3 days. I'm hoping someone here may have access to some leaves (pesticide free of course)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's probably asking if anybody has a tree in the backyard so he can get a huge amount in one shot instead of purchasing small packages which only contain 10 leaves.

Absolutely! They're that good! One of those huge leaves is gone in 2-3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
understood.

10 leaves for $6.50 is pretty cheap for mulberry leaves!
I no longer have access to my trees but when I was selling mulberry leaves they were fresh cut and I sold for much, much cheaper. $10 ppd for 50 leaves. Buying more trees this year so we shall see how it goes so this is a moot point really since I don't sell them anymore but still, I like the Tantorra products but I think they are quite expensive for what they are. But I don't have fancy packaging;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
We have about 50 of the deciduous type Mulberry trees planted along the fence for an old pasture.*

I promise this fall I'll find time to roak a crapton of leaves instead of burning them all.

*Before you think that is awesome, imagine hundreds of thousands of black juicy berries, a seemingly endless flock of blackbirds, and my back porch. It's like nature's blitzkrieg all afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I've been on this forum for a few years and find it amazing how every few months there is a new fad that everyone wants to get into. I love it! Us humans are such a trend following species that it's not even funny (I'm one of them too).

Over the last two years:
Akadama --> Almond leaves --> Borneo Wild --> PRL shrimp --> Alder cones --> Stinging Nettle --> Snowflake food --> Tantora everything --> in 3 months it will be something new.

Long time shrimpers will understand what I mean with the above. I've participated with all the fads up until snowflake food...I've come to realize that my shrimp breed like mad in regular tap water and not the fancy expensive shrimp food.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
A few years ago I started a thread about feeding creatine to my cherries. I did it for some time with no ill effects. I stopped since people got upset and kept sending me crazy PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A few years ago I started a thread about feeding creatine to my cherries. I did it for some time with no ill effects. I stopped since people got upset and kept sending me crazy PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol!!! You must of had some strong shrimps! :hihi:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts