The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to build a paludarium and keep one or more mudskippers. I've been doing a lot of reading about them online as I am trying to be sensible about this and take the time to do it right. I will need to buy a tank and figure it won't be too big as we have limited space in the house. I was thinking of 55 gallons - not sure what shape or type (I will need advice about that, too).

Can anyone recommend a species? I have been advised to avoid the large African ones because of size and aggression. I saw photos of blue spotted mudskippers but can't figure out if they are the same as the dwarf Indian ones. There are very few for sale online, but I would like to choose wisely.

So I am looking for advice about species size, aggression, ease of keeping (one alone or more than one?), tankmates if any and whatever else is important. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I really want to build a paludarium and keep one or more mudskippers. I've been doing a lot of reading about them online as I am trying to be sensible about this and take the time to do it right. I will need to buy a tank and figure it won't be too big as we have limited space in the house. I was thinking of 55 gallons - not sure what shape or type (I will need advice about that, too).

Can anyone recommend a species? I have been advised to avoid the large African ones because of size and aggression. I saw photos of blue spotted mudskippers but can't figure out if they are the same as the dwarf Indian ones. There are very few for sale online, but I would like to choose wisely.

So I am looking for advice about species size, aggression, ease of keeping (one alone or more than one?), tankmates if any and whatever else is important. Thanks in advance.
The only things I know about mudskippers is that they are a real pain to keep ;P Check out Tazawa Tanks youtube channel. He has a number of videos up on his mudskippers. I don't regularly watch his channel but every so often I see his content. I know he has had some issues with his and I know he had to redo their tank at least once. Here is one of his more recent videos on the mudskippers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.