The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone and their dog seems to have to ask whether their substrate choices will work but since I have yet to see a thread about this specific combo I thought I would post a quick question.

Would a setup with mineralized top soil with two seperate sections of flourite black and flourite black sand on top work out okay? My idea was that it would give a welcoming area of the tank for a kuhli loach I plan to move in as well as any corys.

Here is a crude drawing of what I had in mind. I was also considering making a bit of a hill to the left back side of the tank with the flourite black.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had done something similar with the fluorite black products but on a smaller scale in one of the back corners of my tank. The fluorite black gravel will eventually get tossed up onto and over the top of the sand at the front by fish movement etc which really defeats the purpose and the looks of having the sand up front. I would just go plain fluorite black sand as it looks great on its own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.