The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for handful of M.T Snails...Lmk what you have....can trade with plants or fish.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My population of them start to grow back. When I start to collect them-they are still very small in size, I will LYK.

I also have the following if you need them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bithynia_tentaculata
If you can spare 10-20 MTS and some Bithynia tentaculata that will be ideal for now to keep population going. Use to have Bithynia tentaculata long time back but they vanished from market..good to know you still keep them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you can spare 10-20 MTS and some Bithynia tentaculata that will be ideal for now to keep population going. Use to have Bithynia tentaculata long time back but they vanished from market..good to know you still keep them.

I thought these are very common. I hope they are the ones you want because I am not very familiar with the names of them. They always in my tanks for many years and move after move. I will take them out and put them in a container and take a pic to make sure they are the ones you want. I don't know how to post a pic here, so I will upload in my Flickr and post a link tomorrow.

The quantity you asked are easy for me to pick from the tank. I'll contact you once I know my schedule tomorrow.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seem they are smaller version of rams horns in right corner.. you sure others are Bithynia tentaculata not common bladder snails?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Seem they are smaller version of rams horns in right corner.. you sure others are Bithynia tentaculata not common bladder snails?

I have no idea what these snails are. They are just in my tanks all these years and did me no harm.

They looks similar to the pics I see online so I send you link to tell what they look like. Then because I am so unsure, so finally decided to take them out and snap a shot for you guys to tell whether they are the ones you guys will be interested. Speaking bladder snails, they do split out a bubble of water when I touch them. Does that give more hint what they are?

Are the long ones called MTS?

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no idea what these snails are. They are just in my tanks all these years and did me no harm.

They looks similar to the pics I see online so I send you link to tell what they look like. Then because I am so unsure, so finally decided to take them out and snap a shot for you guys to tell whether they are the ones you guys will be interested. Speaking bladder snails, they do split out a bubble of water when I touch them. Does that give more hint what they are?

Are the long ones called MTS?
yes long ones are MTS, other I doubt you have Bithynia tentaculata.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am available in Flushing most of tomorrow except when the workshop starts.

BTW, if you want to see how we DIY LEDs, you can come too and have a drink while we busy playing with our toys. Even though our LEDs are for reef, you can use the same technique to build your own FW LEDs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.