The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have some extra they can sell? Also, does anybody have any tips on using this in an emersed set-up? What are your thoughts on worm castings?

I've been doing some research, but I am still pretty much a novice when it comes to this stuff, I've never used MTS before. Most of this substrate/chemistry stuff I research is way over my head anyway, I was never that into chem, always a math/physics guy myself :)

Anyway, during my "research," I read that mixing some azomite and leonardite will help the MTS with the humates or something, anybody have any experience or thoughts on that? I know it leeches a yellow color, (I think) into the water, but I don't care if it helps, especially in an emersed set-up.

Also, what's the deal with these Osmocote tabs everyone's selling. Are they an alternative to using something like MTS? Or would you sprinkle the stuff underneath the MTS?

I guess I should've posted these questions in a different section of the forum, not WTB, but I do WTB some MTS so... :help:

Final question, does anybody have experience with using K-L-N for rooting during emersed planting, and what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
If you are going with an emersed setup there really isnt any reason to use MTS, regular potting soil would be as good or better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts