The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting closer to my plans for a patio tank that's just been sitting here and I've pretty much got my idea worked out should make for an interesting journal anyway....

So my assassin snails have been going buck wild with the mts that I've been throwing into their tank and I was wondering the following:

1. Will mts breed and prosper in an outdoor tank with little filtration
2. This tank is in florida so will they be alright with the higher temperatures outside
3. The tank will be in partial direct sunlight for about 4-5 hours a day will they be alright?
4. I plan on only using a few sponge filters for this tank since I can run the airline from the pump in my laundry room, will that be sufficient
5. Or am I just insane for having this idea :redface:

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think MTS can handle just about anything except long term super soft low pH water (eats away their shells). The ones in my Betta tank started to lose the points on their shells, but are still alive and reproducing. Most people would consider them to be bomb-proof. They have invaded the St. Johns river, so they like Florida. Temperatures over 120 will kill them.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have both nerite and MTS in an outdoors 18g pond. It's been a week and I still see them going about their business.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think MTS can handle just about anything except long term super soft low pH water (eats away their shells). The ones in my Betta tank started to lose the points on their shells, but are still alive and reproducing. Most people would consider them to be bomb-proof. They have invaded the St. Johns river, so they like Florida. Temperatures over 120 will kill them.
That's good to know! My assassins will be most pleased :hihi:

I have both nerite and MTS in an outdoors 18g pond. It's been a week and I still see them going about their business.
That's good to know, I hope they do what I want them to outside which is go at it like jack rabbits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts