The Planted Tank Forum banner

MTS eggs...how long to hatch?

1429 8
So i have not added any plants or fish to my tank in about 4 months and all of a sudden i have a ton of tiny trumpet snails. Must have hitchiked in somehow, but 4 months for eggs to hatch? Does that sound right? I picked 9 out of my glass scraper alone. My loach is gonna get FAT!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Tanks A'lot
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy crap, i looked last night 2 hrs after lights out and counted damn near 40 little buggers. i had no idea they were in there.

· Registered
37 Posts
I started with 8 that I got free. They were so cute. Now I think I have 800. They are not CUTE anymore. The only loaches at Petsmart are way too big for my 30G tank. So I have to either mail order them or drive to find them.
It's not so much the MTS but the ramshorns and these little blue ones and pond snails and red whorly ones with white centers.
I hate killing them but I don't know what to do.

· Tanks A'lot
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouch! I can see i am soon to be in the same situation. I have never even seen the mom. there are threads here about how to trap them.

· Registered
251 Posts
Assassin Snails will take care of your problem over time and if you get too many assassins, which will take a long while, you can always sell the extras ro ROAK them....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.