The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i always wanted some cool snails beside pond snails, so i got about somewhat 8 mts and 7 ramshorn all has nice color, but im afraid that they will produce to my bioload and my filter wont be about tto take it, since i already have some 9 fancy or more guppies its a 10 gallon with a whisper 10

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've never had any issues with my MTS altering the water significantly. They eat a lot of detritus in the substrate that would be decomposing and altering the water chemistry anyways.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My MTS don't reproduce nearly as much as my ramshorns. I think most of us that keep snails exercise some level of active population control. I toss in some boiled spinach once a week or so, wait for it to be covered in snails, and then pull the larger onces out and toss them in with my Oscar and Convict who dispose of them quite quickly.

It's not hard to keep their populations in check if you see them getting out of hand.

·
Registered
689 Posts
do you have alot of dead snail shells in your tanks also

·
Registered
472 Posts
Come on Frozenbarb. Try to spell words correctly, use some punctuation and capitalize words that need it; if nothing else, do it out of respect for the other members on the board.

·
Registered
888 Posts
will parrot fishes anf flowenhorns and arrowanan eat them?
Not the aros. Their mouths do not appear to be design for managing to eat snails unless they swallow the snails with shells included like bottomless pits do.:icon_wink

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol figure out that they would bite it and eat it from since they eat commets and bite fingers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts