The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally they only come to the top at night but now they are at the top all the time. My question is. Are they coming up to the top because the water isnt good. I tested it and all is inline. Or is it because I removed all the fish out and now the only ones in it are cherry shrimp and one otto. U think they figured out there are no more fish and feel safe now to come out in the day light.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have a feeling it has to do with your water. Now I have seen MTS during the daytime, but that was at the LFS. They are nocturnal by nature. Seeing them at the top indicates they are looking for oxygen (in most cases). What temp is your tank? Use CO2?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
temp is 75 and no co2 at all. I see them in my ten g also u at the top.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm assuming you did a water change when you removed the fish?? Are the cherries and otto acting normal?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
otto is acting fine. cherries are all out feeding. at work now but have been doing daily wc to drop the nitrate for the shrimp I t was at like at 40 but last night it was done to 20. ph is at 8.4 and kh and others were high but not too high can't remember off hand though. I just want the cherries to be hapy and make babies ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts