The Planted Tank Forum banner

msnikkistar: Fluval Ebi "BKK Kingdom" (6/1: Blue Bolts and Wine Red)

20K views 143 replies 50 participants last post by  msnikkistar 
#1 · (Edited)

Looky, looky, what I got :)

This will be the home to my beloved BKK, once it warms up in February to have them shipped.

Will update with scape progress :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
very nice l was tempted to get one as well yesterday at my lfs but i'm an ada junkie :p plus a sucker for lily pipes. l mean how can you say no? Anyways l wish you luck in breeding them as l heard their lifespans aren't very long from what taiwan breeders mention.

#9 ·
BKK are 325-400 a piece.

Getting them from my Supplier in Canada

No, I am not going to add a second light as of yet, but I may.

No co2 AT ALL.

There are some tricks to raising BKK that I know of. They are hard shrimp to keep, but if you know the tricks, then you are golden :)

#13 ·
Randall went to 6th ave for me to pick one up. I am getting it from his house on Saturday :)

He got the last 2 they had for 70 bucks a piece ^_^

How are you guys getting imports from Canada, two people I have contacted said they can't ship to the U.S. is that the official rule and I just need to find someone who will bend it? haha, they seem to have nice livestock up there eh?
Depends on the person. Mine will ship.

#16 ·
Its so cool that someone like yourself (Master shrimp keeper lol ) Is buying one of these. It will probably turn a lot of people on into buying one. The only down side is that your tank is probably going to make mine look bad :p

Check out my mod for not letting shrimp get into the filter....just put some pantyhose over the whole filter (I couldnt find black ones so I used maroon looking ones lol. )

I suggest doing it after your tank has cleared up a little to prevent any reducing of flow...

Also, check this out. anyone else on this thread with an ebi can join too.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/125871-official-fluval-ebi-flora-pimp-club.html

#22 ·
The EBI is a really cool tank! I love mine, the only regret I have is not buying two of them. LOL
I have heard of the background coming loose, but mines been setup for 2 months and everything looks fine.
BBK kingdom is going to be awesome!

#24 ·

So here is the scape in progress. I still need to add the weeping and flame moss.

I am replacing the light with a Archaea 27W fixture tomorrow.

And drumroll..........
I have a BKK making a test shipment run coming in on Thursday to see how it fair's 2 day shipping. Soooooo pictures to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.