The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies and gentlemen. It has been about 9 months since my return to the hobby and I have yet to share any of my tanks with the forum. Because of bettatail's raok I decided this would be a great opportunity to share with the community.

My first tank back into the hobby is the ADA mini m that I had laying around. So this tank is about 8 months old. My next tank would be the Ebi, 6 months old. Then the Mr Aqua 12 gallon long, less then 3 months.

Let me warn you that I do very little maintenance to the mini m. Except for water changes and taking out loose plant matter. The reason for this is because the crs I got from bsmith are like rats and have mutliplied by the dozens. I have already taken out over 100 shrimps trying to lower the population. There seems to be baby shrimp on everything so I try not to disturb them.

My ebi on the other hand is a whole different story. Although the plants are growing my cbs are not thriving. Only a small fraction of the babies are making it.

My 12g looks to be doing well. I started adding shrimp after it was cycled and now have transfered about 50-60 ss-sss grade from my mini m. Over half are still juvie size but there are 2 pregnant shrimp. With how well this tank is doing I'm looking to make my abandoned 30g into a hightec tank.

Sorry, I don't have a good camera and It doesn't help that I don't know how to even use them(reason I was so hesitant to even join the roak).

Ask me anything about my tanks and I'll be glad to answer. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys.

I'm currently deciding whether I want to mix in some cbs with the crs already in the mraqua. Any input on what I should do?

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
are your crs throwing any cbs right now? if not keep them separate...keep the lines as pure as you can...if they are already making cbs then it doesn't really matter...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright. Guess I'll keep them separate for now. I'm probably going to take out the filter the ebi came with and get a better filter. Hopefully the cbs babies will survive then.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Impressive shrimp. They all seem to be at least S grade

However, I like to say that the aquascape is a bit off. In the 12 gal long, I would move the front plants to the back and have the front bare or add some to grow there.+

Otherwise, pretty nice

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the scape for the 12g is off. It didn't turn out to be what I was expecting. I decided not to fix it and just go with it. I also wouldn't like doing so much change with all the shrimp in there. I've never been good at aquascaping so it was to be expected :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts