The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies and gentlemen. It has been about 9 months since my return to the hobby and I have yet to share any of my tanks with the forum. Because of bettatail's raok I decided this would be a great opportunity to share with the community.

My first tank back into the hobby is the ADA mini m that I had laying around. So this tank is about 8 months old. My next tank would be the Ebi, 6 months old. Then the Mr Aqua 12 gallon long, less then 3 months.

Let me warn you that I do very little maintenance to the mini m. Except for water changes and taking out loose plant matter. The reason for this is because the crs I got from bsmith are like rats and have mutliplied by the dozens. I have already taken out over 100 shrimps trying to lower the population. There seems to be baby shrimp on everything so I try not to disturb them.

My ebi on the other hand is a whole different story. Although the plants are growing my cbs are not thriving. Only a small fraction of the babies are making it.

My 12g looks to be doing well. I started adding shrimp after it was cycled and now have transfered about 50-60 ss-sss grade from my mini m. Over half are still juvie size but there are 2 pregnant shrimp. With how well this tank is doing I'm looking to make my abandoned 30g into a hightec tank.

Sorry, I don't have a good camera and It doesn't help that I don't know how to even use them(reason I was so hesitant to even join the roak).

Ask me anything about my tanks and I'll be glad to answer. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys.

I'm currently deciding whether I want to mix in some cbs with the crs already in the mraqua. Any input on what I should do?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright. Guess I'll keep them separate for now. I'm probably going to take out the filter the ebi came with and get a better filter. Hopefully the cbs babies will survive then.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the scape for the 12g is off. It didn't turn out to be what I was expecting. I decided not to fix it and just go with it. I also wouldn't like doing so much change with all the shrimp in there. I've never been good at aquascaping so it was to be expected :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.