The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will actually be for a reef tank... But since these manufacturers seem to be big in the FW planted world, I figure I'd ask here!

Which manufacturer should I go with? I'm re-doing my living room and have a corner where I think a cube would look great. Neither of these cubes are readily available so I will be ordering them brand new.

Mr. Aqua 25G Low-Iron plus stand: $412 including shipping
GLA 25G Low-Iron plus stand: $470 including shipping

On the surface they appear to be the same, but if the GLA is worth the extra cost, I might go that route instead. Any suggestions would be helpful!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would e-mail Orlando from GLA. I hear he has great customer service. I'm sure he would be able to give you some insight on the differences.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Agreed. GLA has a great reputation around here and in the planted tank community.

I have seen some 25G Cube reef tank builds on various reef forums and they can be absolutely incredible. The combination of the pedestal type stand, the open top, the high quality glass, the reef lighting color spectrum in a dark room - they all combine to be pretty breath-taking.

Good luck. :)

I would e-mail Orlando from GLA. I hear he has great customer service. I'm sure he would be able to give you some insight on the differences.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have both GLA and Mr. Aqua tanks. Though none of them are of the same size comparatively, the seams and glass clarity are identical in my opinion. I've also assumed for a while they come from the same source most likely somewhere in China...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.