The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently went into my LFS for the first time in over a year and noticed some interesting tanks that I have not seen before, Mr. Aqua rimless tanks. They looked quite nice and the price was good. I ended up buying the Mr Aqua 48 gallon which is equivalent in size to the ADA 90-P. It's a nice tank, glass is clear and the silicone is relatively good. Compared to an ADA tank (which I contemplated buying) I would say the Mr Aqua is ~80% of ADA quality at 1/3 the price.

This will be the start of this tank's journal. I have taken down my Oceanic 37G which was long overdue for a revamp and replaced it with the rimless and I have to say I do love it so far.

Here is a quick pic I snapped with my phone.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How much bowing do you get in that tank. I have a Mr.Aqua 60cm rimless tank and when filled up to 1" from the top there is noticable bowing. I noticed in the shops here the 10mm glass 90cm tanks my Mr.Aqua do not show much bowing, but even the LFS braced the corners on them when used as displays.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Your tank looks great! I just purchased a Mr. Aqua 12-gallon 'long' and can't wait to set it up. I'm glad to hear your happy with yours.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Very nice! I like to see tanks that have the hardscape placed in the center. I was thinking of trying that in my next scape as I like the centered look vs. the usual golden ratio. Looking forward to updates!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thats a great start out of the gate. I wish I could see these bigger Mr Aqua tanks in person. Nobody carries them locally. I have their 30c and really like it.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Wow that is really slick. So this is the new setup in the 48G right?

I wondered what that Mr. Aqua 48G woudl look like all set up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Everybody in the lower 48, you suck! Lol! I wish rimless tanks were sold in Alaska. I can get one but it has to be custom made for me for $$$ or shipped for $$$$$$$. Nice tank brother, the scape looks great. Careful the daggers of jealousy are shooting out of my eyes right now.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts