The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had 1 bag's worth of aquasoil in an aquarium for about 2 weeks. I haven't planted anything or added fish and am getting rid of that tank.

I wanted to take that aquasoil and put it in my new ADA tank. I did a search on the forum but didn't find much info about this. Is it okay to move the aquasoil to the new tank? If so, is there any preferred way to do it? I was going to use a plastic kitchen spatula.

Also, if I have some leftover, can I save it? How would I preserve it and have it still be good for future use? I have an extra bag here that I didn't use. Is there something I need to do to store it? Put it in a humid place? A dry place?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
If you have Power Sand down it will be a problem. If not, the next tank will probably be murkier than usual due to unsettling of the substrate bed.

Since it's so new though, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No powersand so that shouldn't be a problem. However, my gf is now home so the challenge will be using the cooking spatula to transfer the material without her knowing :icon_wink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.